Emerging Trend: Pen & Pencil Line
Pen and Pencil Line is an emerging trend which is simple and fun, with materials having a hand-drawn scribbled effect throughout. Crayon and felt pen marks are formed using etched, illustrative patterns leaving a hand-made feel overall. Patterns are blown up and re-shaped to fill whole items of clothing and furniture, giving an eye catching appearance especially using bright pastel pen marks. The contrast of monochrome and dark charcoal lines gives a dramatic look to the trend.
- Cutting board and trivets by RK Design Source: As seen at nordicdesign.ca (seen on WGSN)
- Dress by Vika Gazinskaya Source: As seen at www.pinterest.com (seen on WGSN)
- Exhibition by Nendo, 2011 Source: Photographed by Daici Ano. As seen at www.weheart.co.uk (seen on WGSN)
- Illustration by Emma Cope Source: emmacopedesign.tumblr.com (seen on WGSN)
- The Missing Novella by Derek Sullivan, 2012 Source: As seen at emmanuelherve.com (seen on WGSN)
- Workday Handmade Source: www.workadayhandmade.com (seen on WGSN)