Emerging Trend: Melted
Melted is the latest trend moving on from the Marble trend posted last month. Melted gives off a very man made feel, with synthetic, vibrant colours and random shapes being the main focus. Plastic is formed into shapes to create everyday interior accessories such as lightshades , vases and even jewellery. As the plastic melts it creates a mesh type effect which gives an handmade look to this emerging trend. Swirls of pastel colours are blended together giving marbling effects and bright colours are used against a stark white backdrop creating a bold look which makes accessories stand out as unique feature pieces.
- Sandwich by Stefan Gross, 2011 Source: www.stefangross.nl (seen on WGSN)
- FRozenPlastic “AMorph” by Shahar Kagan Source: www.kagan-design.com (seen on WGSN)
- Melted plastic Source: As seen at concettopiramidale.blogspot.co.uk (seen on WGSN)
- Spaghetti Special L Vase by Gaetano Pesce Source: As seen at dev.unicacool.com (seen on WGSN)
- Gaetano Pesce Jewellery Source: As seen at whitespacecollection.com (seen on WGSN)
- Rachel Comey spring/summer 2014 Source: As seen at www.style.com (seen on WGSN)