Stockholm Furniture & Lighting Fair 2014
Stockholm Furniture & Lighting Fair is the world’s largest and most important meeting place for the newest trends in Scandinavian furniture and lighting design, with over 40,000 people attending the fair each year. This year the fair seemed fresh and new and contained lots of really nice design trends. Colour palettes varied from dirty pastels, warm grey and greyish greens to an old fashion powder pink. I also saw lots of bright accent colours and pastels combined with black. Take a look at my 5 favorite finds at this years show…..enjoy.
- It’s a really tough decision but my number 1 favorite is GUBI. The main reason is probably the colour of the wall. The interior is fantastic with the beautiful colors and the accents in black and wood. I just want to move the whole interior to my own house.
- Gulled who is the agent of three fantastic brands: Magis, HAY and Tom Dixon. I love Tom Dixon! The details, the materials and the feeling of constantly coming up with something new.
- Another favorite that resembles the GUBI brand is MENU. The colour combination of warm grey, powder pink and greyish green on the back walls in the stand are just amazing, I wanted to purchase something, it was so tempting!
- Materia always has big eye-catching stands at the Stockholm Furniture fair and this year is no exception. The stand design has a real wow-effect and I love the rounded fabric shapes hanging from the ceiling. It feels like being inside a huge flower. After passing this stand a few times I realised that I did not look at the furniture at all, so perhaps the stand itself was too good!!
- Norman Copenhagen has beautiful products and I wanted them all! The stand had a homey…nice!