Emerging Trend: Marble
Futuristic, bright and synthetic, modern Marble is a trend that is coming through in interiors this season. With the neon brights accompanied with subtle pastel tones, this creates a fresh new look for A/W 13/14. Materials such as coloured clay and melted wax creates a whole array of new and exciting textures, clay is melted together to create the marbled and layered effects. Acid splashes and oil create a speckled look giving a futuristic vibe. As well as this there are subtle highlights to tone down the mood.
- Paintography by Jack Hardwicke 0,0,500,667Multicoloured, Mid-tones, Abstract, All-over pattern Source: As seen at www.mutantspace.com (seen on WGSN)
- Sugar Glass by Fernando Laposse Source: www.fernandolaposse.com (seen on WGSN)
- Blue cheese on blue marble Source: Roches Mammifères – Dissimulaits. As seen at www.ptohograhpies.com (seen on WGSN)
- P.E.A.D not dead by Bernard Itamarambio Source: www.bernarditamarambio.cl (seen on WGSN)
- Untitled, detail of chemical on canvas, 2012 by Frank Ammerlaan (seen on WGSN)