Milan Design Week – Day 1 – The Triennale
Wow what a day it’s been! The Triennale had some wonderful exhibitions to show off this year, from light shows and neon seating, to delicate artwork and minute attention to detail. Here are some of my favourite exhibitions from the day:
- I simply fell in love with these beautiful leather sofas by Michele de lucci for chateau d’ax
- This wonderful bookshelf from Liberia Love is simply just lovely .
- This lightshow by Lasvit the “Liquidkristal Lovegrove” was absolutely stunning, offering both silent contemplation with the random beauty of the liquidkrisyal, I could have stood under these lights forever.
- Wonderoled for Blackbody was without a doubt in my top 3 for Milan Design Week so far, absolutely stunning light installations.
- The variety of glass pieces on offer by CORSA Design Factory were beautiful, each artfully handmade utilising beautiful contemporary colours.
- D’hanis & Lachaert have masterfully taken something as old as currency and turned it into a stunning item of jewellery.
And of course how could i forget our own exhibition, Metropolis by Francesco Maria Bandini.